The intoxication from a pint of vodka, the electric buzz from snorting cocaine, the warm embrace from shooting heroin—drinking and drugging provides the height of human experience. It’s the promise of heaven on earth, but the hell that follows is a constant hunger, a cold emptiness. The craving to get high is a yearning as intense of any blood-thirsty monster.
The best way to tell the truths of addiction is through a story, and dark truths such as these need a piece of horror to do them justice.
The stories inside feature the insidious nature of addiction told with compassion yet searing honesty. Drug overdoses are now the leading cause of accidental deaths, and some of the most incredible names in horror fiction have tackled this modern day epidemic.
- A WICKED THIRST, by Kealan Patrick Burke
- THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE, by Jessica McHugh
- EVERYWHERE YOU’VE BLED AND EVERYWHERE YOU WILL, by Max Booth III
- FIRST, JUST BITE A FINGER, by Johann Thorsson
- LAST CALL, by John FD Taff
- TORMENT OF THE FALLEN, by Glen Krisch
- GARDEN OF FIENDS, by Mark Matthews
- RETURNS, by Jack Ketchum