As we’re gathering staff, I wanted to take a minute to highlight an interesting series that publisher Down & Out Books have been releasing through 2020. A book per month in a series called Guns + Tacos. So far 11 of the 12 books are available with the final in ‘Season 1’ available on December 1, 2020.
Full series (to date) includes:
- Tacos de Cazuela con Smith & Wesson by Gary Phillips
- Three Brisket Tacos and a Sig Sauer by Michael Bracken
- A Gyro and a Glock by Frank Zafiro
- Three Chalupas, Rice, Soda…and a Kimber .45 by Trey R. Barker
- Some Churros and El Burro by William Dylan Powell
- A Beretta, Burritos and Bears by James A. Hearn
- Burritos & Bullets by Eric Beetner
- Jalapeño Poppers and a Flare Gun by Michael Bracken & Trey R. Barker
- Four Shrimp Tacos and a Walther P38 by Alec Cizak
- A Taco, A T-Bird, A Beretta and One Furious Night by Ann Aptaker
- Sopa and a Streetsweeper by Ryan Sayles
- Dos Tacos Guatemaltecos y Una Pistola Casera by Mark Troy
Now that’s a lot of meat and metal for one series, as referencing both the titles and the roster of authors.